Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Button Fever

There's nothing better than a trip to the button store on a sunny day, driving with the windows down. My favorite: the buttons that have been sitting on the shelf so long that their cards have yellowed. Those are the real treasures (not to mention they are still sold at their original price)!


Today I made the 22 mile drive to Mary Jo's, the "button store." Mary Jo's is known to everyone else as the largest fabric store around, but since I use vintage as my fabric, that part doesn't mean beans to me. They do have an entire wall, which spans the full length of their store, devoted to buttons. I am giddy every time I go. Even though I went with list in hand, I came back with many more than I had planned on - some great inspiration for the spring!



This evening, my button fever spread to the kitchen. I am having a little craft night at the house tomorrow, and I wanted to make a few snacks. The menu: Bees Knees (a gin drink with honey simple syrup & lemon juice), chocolate dipped cherries, and... button shortbread cookies! I found the idea the other day and couldn't resist trying it. I mean, come on - how perfect is that for a craft night?!

My little pretties, right before going into the oven.

1 comment:

  1. I loooooooove the cookies!!! They're the cutest! - Sara

    ReplyDelete