Monday, January 11, 2010

Holiday Highlights

I feel like it has been forever since I have been a part of the online world. And, in fact, it has! The holidays really snatched me up this year. Between my own getting and giving, my little part-time job at Amelie's, and trying to get some new Verabelle things made, I feel a little like I fell off the face of the online earth. But I am back and ready for a new year! I am getting started on new designs (even an animal or two), and I have some exciting things planned for 2010. Here's a little photo recap of how it all ended in '99.
Fourth Ward
Above left: Picking out our first tree together! Above: Paul and I had a nice afternoon walk through historic Fourth Ward and then grabbed a beer and a board game at the neighborhood bar, Alexander Michael's.





Christmas Cookies
Laura making Spritz cookies at our weekly football gathering with friends. While the guys watch the games, the ladies always find something a little more crafty to do.

"Craftmas" at our house
We got together to make tree ornaments and gingerbread houses out of recycled cardboard boxes. I had the craft table set up in my sewing room.


National Gingerbread House Competition
My mom, Paul's mom, and I ventured to Asheville to see the Gingerbread House entries at the Grove Park Inn's National Competition. It was a fun day in the mountains! This gingerbread house was one of our favorites - a bakery!
This was one of my personal favorites, from the youth category. This one features all the characters from the playmation Christmas movies.

Me & My Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment