Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th Memory

When I was growing up, we spent most of our summer weekends at our lake house on Badin Lake. I have many fond memories of days spent there, and one of my favorites was our annual July 4th tradition. Every year, my best friend, Nicole, and I would decorate the pontoon for the Independence Day Boat Parade. We'd all line up at the marina and parade in and out of the coves, as people watched and waved from their piers. Some people even made number signs to score the "contestants," ours always taking a high score! Here are two photos of the pontoon just after we decorated it. I found these in our best friend scrapbook, the page from our eighth grade year.



Nicole & my dad (in the hat) with some family 
friends who joined us for the parade.


Best friends for life! Nicole (left) & me (right)

Happy Independence Day!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh... I had forgotten! That was so fun! Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete