Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Northern California Inspiration

Next month I'll be headed out to California, and I've been spending my spare time reading guidebooks, mapping things out, and trying to determine just how much I can pack into this grand adventure. For four days, Paul and I will be hiking and camping together in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Then for five days, we'll split up where he'll continue on what I keep referring to as his "man hike." I'll take the rental car and head out on a solo road trip adventure along the northern CA cost, San Francisco, and back through Yosemite National Park before I pick him up and we head to Vegas for our friends' wedding.

The plans for my solo journey are coming together nicely, with time alloted for exploring tide pools and redwood forests, sampling local beer and roadside oyster stands, and making big-city discoveries in San Francisco and neighboring Berkeley and Oakland. I'll be camping seaside and in a sub-alpine meadow and visiting a new friend who is just moving to San Fran. All in all, I CANNOT WAIT for my grand adventure to begin!!!! Here's a little Northern CA inspired round-up to get me through to September.


Left to right, from top:

1. vintage photo: a tour through the Sequoias.
2. Visit Sequoia National Park? I will! Love this letterpress print by Quaillane Press.
3. I want this vintage CA bracelet right this very second!
4. Forest Friends tee by GnomEnterprises
5. You all know how much I love sending postcards. This stationary organizer by Downstairs Designs could hold all of them and stamps too.
6. A trusty camera is a must. And when is vintage not better?!
7. A vintage Samsonite travel case seems like the perfect companion to ride shotgun down Highway 1.
8. Vintage camping lantern for my night at Point Reyes National Seashore
9. Cream linen cloche with a red wooded buckle. Says beach AND national park. Yes please!
10. "Let's Go on an Adventure" print by Bubby and Bean.
12. This adorable dress by The Velvet Bird is perfect for daydreaming by the shore and for exploring the streets of San Francisco. Did you see those elbow pads?!
13. One of my stops: Point Reyes National Seashore. And what a lovely letterpress map of that very place by Quaillane Press.
14. A warm fisherman's sweater for those cold Pacific breezes.
15. To pop open a bottle of Anchor beer after the brewery tour
16. Mod San Francisco print on wood by Petit Collage. Love.




1 comment:

  1. This is so lovely. Thank you so much! I'm headed to Sonoma myself tomorrow - I'd love to take each and every one of these with me!

    ReplyDelete