Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Florida Bound!

One of my favorite parts of my day is how I start my mornings: with a cup of coffee, some sunny-sounding Cuban music, and a Florida guidebook in my hand. I am getting ready for a Florida-bound road trip with one of my best friends next month, and I cannot wait!

As you know, I love trip planning about as much as I love trip taking, so I have been savoring every minute. I've been scouring travel guides, blogs, maps, magazines, and online newspapers finding all the best things. And for a little literary context, I've been reading Hemingway's To Have and Have Not, a novel about the sobering adventures of a fishing boat captain who is forced to run contraband between Cuba and Key West to make a living for his family in the 1930s. 

[a little vintage Florida inspiration, including a photo of Hemingway]

The plans are still coming together, but here are a few of the things I'm looking forward to the most...


canoeing & camping in Everglades National Park
the Cuban food tour I've put together of Little Havana
(and about half a dozen other pie place I've found)
shopping at L.A. Boudoir, Miami's vintage lingerie shop
watching cigars being rolled at El Credito Cigar Factory
snorkeling at Bahia Honda State Park
a tour of Hemingway House
Stone Crab claws
chickens running wild in the streets




No comments:

Post a Comment