Thursday, September 17, 2009

opps... I just took a nibble off Sophie the Squirrel!

Yesterday was my birthday, and I got to enjoy some time with friends and loved ones. I woke up to the happy surprise of homemade pumpkin pancakes and grits with goat cheese and a red pepper-eggplant topping! Dear, sweet Paul woke up at 6AM to cook breakfast for me - pumpkin pancakes are my all-time favorite! Melissa and I did some sewing during the day at her granny's house, working on fun things for the fall. And last night, after made-from-scratch chicken and dumplings, my friends joined me at Cajun Queen for drinks and a little dixieland jazz, then Amelie's French Bakery for dessert! I indulged in all kinds of goodness.

Thanks to my friends for all the thoughtful cards, gifts, and well wishes! I enjoyed my night with you all!

And here is a little peek at one thing I thought you all would like best! Laura and Dustin made me cookies that look like little Verabelle animals! They're even frosted in the same colors as the artwork, and the purple on the squirrel looks like little stitches! I couldn't believe it. They also gave me the cookie cutters so that Sophie and Sareve can join me for coffee any time I want! What great friends I have!

xoxo,
Amanda Aileen


No comments:

Post a Comment