Tuesday, April 19, 2011

National Park Week: A Photo Tribute

This week is National Parks Week, and as a lover of America's national parks, I thought I'd devote a few posts throughout the week to honoring one of our country's most brilliant ideas. During April 16-24, you can enter any of the parks for free, so check out a map and take advantage if you can.

Did you know there are 394 national parks in the U.S.?! I have only been to a handful, and I can't imagine that I'd ever get around to all the natural and historic sites preserved by the National Park Service. But in honor of National Parks Week, I thought I'd share some of my favorite trip photos with you from Yellowstone, Glacier, Congaree Swamp, Grand Canyon, Painted Desert/Petrified Forest, and Joshua Tree National Parks. These photos span intense backpacking treks; weekend getaways; a month-long, cross-country, father-daughter RV trip; a helicopter landing into the Grand Canyon; and roadside snapshots. Enjoy! Oh, and please comment - what's your favorite National Park experience?


Yellowstone National Park 
(the world's first national park, established in 1872)















Glacier National Park










Congaree Swamp National Park










Grand Canyon National Park






Painted Desert & Petrified Forest National Monument









Joshua Tree National Park







No comments:

Post a Comment