Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Obsessed with Letterpress

Every since I was a kid, I've been into stationary and anything paper. By the time I was in middle school, I had more pen pals than I could count on my two hands, and my playroom walls were covered in letters, notes, and cards received from them all.


As an adult, my paper obsession has grown more sophisticated, from Lisa Frank to letterpress. I love the look of a freshly pressed card. With their colorful indentations into thick, fibrous paper, you can see and feel the handiwork of the artist. And when you look closely, you can tell how many strokes of the press it took to achieve the design, each layer a trace of an artist's deliberate movement.


Here are a few recent letterpress cards that I've picked up, one for my father, one for a friend, and one for my wall.




I Have So Much to Tell You postcard: ragamuffin press, Penland NC
Greetings from Atlanta postcard: Concrete Lace, Atlanta GA
Thank You card: Concrete Lace, Atlanta GA

No comments:

Post a Comment